Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Coral Beauty will not feed

I've had my Coral Beauty for about two weeks and I've not seen it eat. Had it in QT and just moved to main tank. The water quality is fine and it's the only fish besides a clown and some shrimp in the tank (90gal). It seems to be healthy and swiming normal. No signes of disease. I've tried garlic soaked Nori and seeweed, live & frozen brine, formula 2 frozen, and spriliun flakes. Any advise?

Also, how is Zoe used.....I saw on one site that it could be a dietary supplement. I know you can soak food in it but I was not to sure about the dietary supplement directly into the water.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Aren't you the guy that has bad luck with CB's? I can't remember.....

Anyways, was the CB eating in QT? I'm thinking it must have if it survived 2 weeks.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything that could stress it, lightly stocked 90 gal, good water parameters. Perhaps it's just getting used to it's new surroundings. You could always try to feed after lights out and peek around to corner to see if it shows any interest. It could also sustain of the LR for a while before it decides to eat. Just don't rush it and I'm sure he'll come around to eating. Good luck.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

If the fish is swimming normally and doesn't look thin or act sick, I wouldn't worry. It may be getting enough just by grazing on the live rock.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Lagger....yep that was me. I've heard great reviews on live aquarium and their stock so I've decided to give them a try. Before I was purchasing for the LFS so I figure that may have had something to do with it plus I really like the coral beauty and it’s suppose to be one of the hardiest angels. Previous angels usually got sick and died with in a week so I figure you can’t beat the 14 day guarantee. I’ve pretty much sworn off all LFS in my area. There may be a slight cost increase but I’ll gladly pay it for a good specimen. Besides the not eating yet it seems fine and healthy, does not look sick or thin at all.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

That is very strange...mine eats like a pig! He sees a piece of food, and he'll go screaming across the tank and go to town, PLUS he grazes off my rock all day. What are you trying to feed him? I originally enticed mine to eat with brine shrimp, now he eats anything I try to feed him.

Paul

46 Gallon (Saltwater): 60 pounds Lalo Live Rock, 60 pounds aragonite sand, 1 Coral Beauty Angelfish, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Mushroom Coral, 1 Emerald Crab, various snails and hermit crabs.

10 Gallon (Saltwater quarantine):
pkremer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral, coral beauty, feed

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com