Coral, beginner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EddieJ123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay I just got some corals. They are amazing but I watched a video and this guy had little starfish that eat his coral. So I was wondering if these starfish are harmful to my corals!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401067051.552725.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401067084.343377.jpg
This is a snail with a starfish on it!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401067125.608728.jpg
What coral is this aswell.
If you read this and had any advice plz share!!!

a lot say they are harmless
I beg to differ
yes those little stars can be harmful but only if they get a taste for coral
I lost a whole tank of coral mostly zoa's and softies to those so called safe little stars
I havn't seen them hit on LPS or SPS basically softies are there targets
they also just become a pain in the butt I always siphon them out as fast as I see them cause they multiply fast
I hate them to a passion

I've had them for 15+years and never had any issues with them. They help to clean off the back glass. I love them with a passion. Not discounting 54seaweed experience. I sure it happened. There just is no absolutes in this hobby. Nothing shocks me anymore.

a lot say they are harmless
I beg to differ
yes those little stars can be harmful but only if they get a taste for coral
I lost a whole tank of coral mostly zoa's and softies to those so called safe little stars
I havn't seen them hit on LPS or SPS basically softies are there targets
they also just become a pain in the butt I always siphon them out as fast as I see them cause they multiply fast
I hate them to a passion

I've heard this a few times, I imagine it's a different species of the same family.

I've had tanks they did nothing bad in, and in others I've seen then eating zoas, now I just put them in my sump when I find them

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay thanks for the advice. I also need one more thing! Do you know what coral this is?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401077886.901028.jpg

Looks like a half dead lobophyllia?? Did they sell you that as healthy?

Can you get a more top down pic of it? It should open up over the skeleton though

Back
Top Bottom