Coral Chosing Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spongeynip

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well hello again all, i know ive been asking for alot of coral help recently, and ive got a simpler question. I need as much input as possible so any would be helpful. I want to make an indo-pacific reef, and i have all the fish, but now i need to find some corals. I dont no which to buy (soooo many choices) so please tell me. I have a 29 gal if it makes ne difference. I have no $ restrictions, or fish restirctions.

thanx
-Trent

there are several corals to choose from. My best recommendation is to get the book "Natural Reef Aquariums" by John Tullock. It actually has chapters broken down by region. There are two chapter on Indio-Pacific Reefs, one shallow water and one deep water.

Can't tell what kind of light output you have from your profile. Not to say that listing doesn't describe it to someone who might know that light. How many wpg is it.

I like Julian Sprung's coral book also. Tells ya what's difficult, easy, lighting, and flow needs.

pumping xenia! yes, thats what i want, but its a struggle trying to find it where i live! Does it eat micro-invert food, or light? and do your O clowns host in it?

thanx
-Trent

Clowns don't host it. It spreads like crazy. In the 10 11 months I've had it, I've probably fragged 30 pcs by now. If you get some, situate it near the top - unless you want it to spread upwards very quickly and take over that section. Spreading sideways doesn't seem as overpowering as something reaching up to the light and covering everything in it its path.

I feed the standard DTs Phtoplankton and cyclopeeze weekly. Even before I started that, seemed as though my xenia feed of the the light. But AFAIK, the micro-invert food is good for it and other coral you'll likely get.

Back
Top Bottom