Coral dipping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since I am in the process of moving my 55g to my 125g I was thinking about dipping the corals before transfer. I think I have nudibranchs. :-( IS it too late now to dip or will it help at all? Also, going forward I think I want to dip my new corals as well. If I make up a batch of dip can I dip them a few at a time, the directions for coralrx say you should dip one per batch if I'm not mistaken.

Just some help and input please lol.

Thanks guys!

You gonna use coral rx? I believe if you think you have them then why not. If it is a nudi, they dont usually cruise around. So dipping the coral would probably clear up problem. Besides, when else will you have all your coral out to treat. I think you could dip a few at a time but I would do one at a time. That way you get the best concentration and you can see if there is nudis and on what.

Dipping all your coral will give you great peace of mind.

I use the same batch of dip for multiple corals, but dip them one at a time. I haven't tried CoralRX yet, but I here it is good. If you have known pests and haven't dipped in the past. You may as well dip them all when you switch tanks.

i use Kent Marine Tech D Coral Dip the guy i got my tank from gave it to me

If you have nudis dips don't kill the eggs, You might be able to find the eggs and remove them but they are very hard to see. I dip all of my corals first in revive and then in iodine. I dip them for about 20 minutes in revive, then rinse in fresh saltwater, then dip in iodine and then rinse in fresh saltwater again. I dip them one at a time.

I just picked up some coralrx so I'm gonna give it a try. Can't hurt. :)
Thanks for the input everyone.

Take a container like a bowl and fill it with "dip". Then put coral in for amount stated on your product. Thats it. There are video on youtube also.

Back
Top Bottom