Coral disappearance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adam Marinelli

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Woke up this morning to discover my half dollar sized Ricordia mushroom completely missing. No scraps, no sight of anything left but the ceramic disk it once called home.

I have two black and white clowns, a one spot foxface, a sailfin blenny, an emerald crab, coral banded shrimp, ten or so hermits, various harmless snails, and an assortment of other corals that are not placed in reach of the missing mushroom.

I have two hitchhikers (that I know about) that I think may be the culprits, but before I wage war I wanted to ask the forum... I found a large bristleworm one night while using a flashlight. I have also found what I thought was some sort of stomatella snail, but now afraid it may actually be a flatworms, or nudibranch. The problem is they only come out at night, recoil speedily when hit with light, so I can't get a picture of them for ID's.

Any ideas where my 50 dollar coral went? Haha...

My ricordia has moved a few times. I think it just lets loose and lets the current move it to a spot. This time it is in a place I can hardly see it. My friends always leaves an area and there is a couple of babies in the area that is it has left.

I looked around every where but couldn't find it. That being said it I will look harder when I get home from work.... I didn't realize they would do that.

Did a more thorough search for the mushroom to no avail. I am fairly certain it was eaten now.

Anyone have an idea which culprit I need to crucify? ;)

I really don't think anything ate it either it died and disappeared or it moved. I don't have much luck with my ricordea staying where I put them and sometimes they show up or they just disappear. Right now I know a couple of my mushrooms are getting ready to let loose and when they do there will be babies all over the place again.

Unless they can vanish in less than 9 hours, since it was fine last night, I don't think it died.

It's only a 30 gallon tank and I really scoured the nooks an crannies for it. I fear that crazy looking ruffled gray snail/worm ate it.

But I hope you are right Joy!

Back
Top Bottom