Coral Dying, what am i Missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have enough power heads to provide good water circulation? You mentioned you have 2 heaters located in opposite corners (not a good spot), but do you have a power head pointing to it to disperse temp and regulate quickly? I suggest to take readings of water temp at several locations at times between when heaters are on and off to verify stability.

I have two wave maker type heads off of ebay(crap) and one power head in the corner right beside the heater. Heaters are in opposite corners and the one on the right is set lower in case the main one fails so it should never really run. I have ordered new hydro koralia wave makers which should be in this weak. The eBay ones are super direct so have to bounce them off the glass etc to break the current.

Te main heater is ebo-jäger and the one I had set alite lower is a fluval elite.

Does this guy look like much hope for him yet?

Attachments

• image-1790775498.jpg
    image-1790775498.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 85
Te main heater is ebo-jäger and the one I had set alite lower is a fluval elite.
The Ebo Jager should be at least 200 watts if not both of them should be set at same setting. Your temp at bottom might be different from top if circulation is not enough. Wave maker is a good surface agitator but not for good circulation.

So the ebo-jager is 250 watts. Would you still set both or leave the fluval set a little lower just in case of failure? How would you recommend I set up flow? I have my power head in the corner of the tank with the ebo jager and it flows along the back of the tank behind all of the rock I would otherwise not be able to get to as I cannot get back there to stir things up. I was going to use the two new wave makers to create current in the front of the tank. Right now I have a protein skimmer and an emperor 400 creating surface agitation. These will soon be replaced with the rp3 system which should be in this week. It will have an overflow box with the attached pump return from the filter which should create some agitation.

A sump will make a big difference for water circulation. To have a better temp regulation I have one of my heaters about 12 inch in front of power head. My temp is steady at 0.5 deg differential. I have eheim which is similar as yours. It's better to use identical heaters for setting accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom