Coral Farming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone here been successful coral farming? My girlfriend and I are interested in setting one up and are trying to gather all the info we can on duing it right. any help or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I've had fairly good success at it. My problem is tank space. That will be over with as soon as I get the greenhouse up and running...hopefully that will be in this lifetime. For propagation techniques, you can't beat the info at www.garf.org IMO. Check their site out. I'm working on getting a 6' tank set up that will be about 90gal. Once I get that going, I should have a few frags to sell...probably will have mostly zoanthids in that tank. IMO, you should give it a try. It's a lot of fun, not very expensive, and it will, if nothing else, give you some good trading material for the LFS.

I am looking to begin stocking my tank with more corals again, Logan. Make sure you keep us posted when you decide to start selling frags.

Back
Top Bottom