Coral fish rock everything q,s need lots of people answering please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zakwhite

Aquarium Advice Activist
I guys I would like to know how many more fish I can have and what ones different recommendations would be nice please
Also I would like to buy some more coral I want some pics prices that they range etc of them and how to feed the coral attached in the pictures attached I only got this one about a week ago and it seems to be doing fine I want to really know how to feed where to place and what it is called would be very grateful thanks zak

Stocking is
2 clowns common and tangerine
1 blue green chromis
1 false gramma new addition introduced when the coral was introduced
1 yellow belly blue damsel
1 yellow tail blue damsel
Also I have a humbug in qt at the moment because hes being aggressive towards the false gramma
I also have about 15 kg live rock needs aquascaping need ideas pleas
Also what more lighting do I need at the mo I have one 120 led white strip
And one blue 18inch strip I have attached a pic of they

My filter is filstar xp1 Rena
130 litre tank as well (30 gallons)

Attachments

• image-901483975.jpg
    image-901483975.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 103
  • image-2691505391.jpg
    image-2691505391.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 80
30 gallon with 2 damsels? You're done, man. No more fish, period. Those little #$%(* can be EXTREMELEY aggressive, particularly if they're already in the tank and something else is added later.

Also looks like you're having a bit of an algae issue, judging by the photo - hog long has the tank been up and running?

Also, and not to be a jerk about this, but go browse liveaquaria - if you have specific questions this is the right place to go, but just saying "I like coral, what should I get?" doesn't give us a whole lot to go on. You can get pics, lists, prices, descriptions, all on liveaquaria.

At least tell us what you like, softies, lps, sps, hard corals, zoanthids, leathers? there's a million answers to your question, and a million threads talking about different types of corals.

We'll thanks for the answer belly damsel is quite new other one is bit older they all seem fine
I think you may be write about eh algae issue how can I stop that tank is about 7 months but bought 2nd hand with 2 year old live matured rock crushed coral bottom (added sand
Sat week)false gramma seems ok with damsels had to take the humbug out though because he/ she was not ok with him

Will go have a browse at live aquaria I quite like zoas

Also forgot to say the algae issue isn't quite as bad as it looks but is a bit algaey
How do I control get rid of?

Forget about the damsels I get money back if the damsels hurt he fish what others can go in? My fish shop really good customer service once my blue tangy died got a full refund he was 1 month old so if the damsels do bully a fishi can take it back let's say I'm gonna add them lat instead will that make a difference I really want a sort of main fish likea tang but not a tang or a coral nipper lol

I would suggest returning whatever fish you have and doing some reading. A lot of it.

You had a blue tang in a 30 gallon tank? seriously? I have a 72 gallon tank and THAT isnt even big enough for a blue tang.

You sound an awful lot like another Zach that was posting in this group - he was overstocking the heck out of his tank too.

Also forgot to say the algae issue isn't quite as bad as it looks but is a bit algaey
How do I control get rid of?

Algae is typically caused by too many nutrients in your tank, possibly combined with too much time with the lights on. Also, if this tank isn't established, algae blooms are not unexpected. More or less everybody goes through it when first setting up a tank. The best way to get rid of it is to aggressively perform 10 - 15% water changes every single week. That's a habit you're going to want to get into anyway. You want to make sure you're using RO/DI water - and you're going to want to make sure that it tests 0 for phosphates before putting it into your tank. I'm sure that with as much hair algae as you have your tank would currently test at 0 for phosphates: that doesn't mean there's not a phosphate problem, it means that you have too much algae and it is consuming all the phosphates. Remove the phosphates, you remove the algae.

I cannot emphasize enough that you are putting too many animals into your tank. There is nothing that you can do that will make those animals live happily or healthily - it would be like you living your life in a bathroom. A small one. With multiple people living in it. Aggressive ones.

A 30 gallon tank should NOT be housing 6 fish. Especially when clowns and damsels are all relatively aggressive. That pseudochromis aint exactly peaceful either. I would not buy another piece of coral or anything else until you get:
1. Your livestock list under control with 5 fish at the absolute MOST - from your list I would say keep one clown, the pseudo and the chromis. Then add something else small and peaceful (firefish or something similar perhaps - something that stays on the smaller side) - keep in mind, however, that adding a peaceful fish after all those aggros are in there may not go too well.
2. Your algae under control. A healthy tank will not have rocks covered in algae

How long are you lighting your tank each day? do you have a protein skimmer? How much are you feeding your tank?

Ya no offense dude but y? A blue tang needs that size tank................... TIMES FOUR!!!!! 6' MINIMUM!!!!! Algae is controlled by good water and snails are amazing.

bighabeeb said:
I would suggest returning whatever fish you have and doing some reading. A lot of it.

You had a blue tang in a 30 gallon tank? seriously? I have a 72 gallon tank and THAT isnt even big enough for a blue tang.

You sound an awful lot like another Zach that was posting in this group - he was overstocking the heck out of his tank too.

It came with the tank when I bought it that's why I returned it.
I have had two blue tangs one in a a larger tank that died of white spot and one in this tank which I returned

So are you skimming? How long are your lights on each day? Are you using RO/DI water or ? Also, how long has this tank been up and running?

Oh and adding that 3 stripe would be a tremendous mistake IMHO. You're already overstocked with aggressive fishes, and 3 stripes tend to be pretty **** nasty also.

No sorry yes using rodi water and no skimmer. Lights on 8 hors a day moonlight for 16 hours

That's a problem...after 2 years that much algae is indicative of an issue, beit overfeeding, under skimming whatever else...

It's 2 years including time I bought it so 4 months or so at my house same rock water kept though when iBook it to me the algae is gone where its turning red

Back
Top Bottom