Coral frag container

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goofyjas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I have a bunch of small frags and pieces I wouldlike to frag, does anyone suggest a box or something to put in the tank? I have been all over target and walmart ect havent found anything real good, any ideas?

I dont have tons of room for like containers I see at the LFS but wondering if anyone knows where abouts to get small acrylic boxes or something good for it

TIA

Get a Lee's speciman container and drill holes in it. That is what I used to use to hold frags. You can hang it on the tank lip as well.

ellisz said:
Get a Lee's speciman container and drill holes in it. That is what I used to use to hold frags. You can hang it on the tank lip as well.

I did that also. works well.

You can also find "critter keeps" at most pet stores and LFS.

I think it would be cheaper for a specimen container.. and drill holes i like that idea. Also you can use any cheap rubbermaid food container also, use a shallow one so you can put netting on the top of the container to hold the frags to rubble or rock to attach.

i use plastic disposable shot glasses. drill a couple of holes in them and fill with rock rubble. then drop one or two frags per shot glass. works great to keep them seperate for trading or selling. for mushrooms i use a plastic silo cup cut down to about 1.5 inches.

hopes this helps
steve r

Back
Top Bottom