Coral growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soccerdude

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I was just wondering if any of you had any coral growth tricks up your sleeves. I have zoas, corky sea finger, Kenya tree, button polyps, mushrooms, a few Duncan's, gsp's... Every thing is doing great bit I'm not really seeing the growth that Im looking for. Maybe I'm just impatient but the only thing that has taken off has been the polyps and the corky sea finger. I really shouldn't be complaining but I wouldn't mind a little more growth here and there.

Nitrates- 0
Nitrites-0
Ph- 8.3
Calcium- 450
Phosphate- 0
The marine biologist at my lfs said everything looked perfect..... I have an 8-bulb t5HO lighting system. I feel like stuff should be exploding. I only have one clown along with the clean up crew so it hasn't been hard to keep nutrient levels down. I'm open to any suggestions.... I haven't really played around with any trace element supplements or coral foods...my Kenya tree has fragged itself a bunch to point where Kenya tree is all over the place but the frags aren't growing to any substantial size...

image-447249353.jpg

Attachments

• image-447249353.jpg
    image-447249353.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 113
I feed my hairy mushroom frozen brine shrimp and it's growth has exploded! It's nearly doubled its size in about 2 months. I feed it 2-3 times weekly but I think I'll cut it down to once a week to keep nitrates in check

I feed my coral : coral frenzy ....the polyp extension on all my corals are crazy...it's like crack for corals,and its suppose to make the coloring of corals pop more than normal

I have never fed my corals except for a trumpet which has grown another head in the three months I've had it. However I did pick up some phycopure today from my lfs which I am very excited to see how that helps my growth!

It takes time for things like this to happen. Just be patient. There isn't a need to feed the corals that you have in your tank, especially with an 8 bulb t5ho unit. Just keep doing your water changes to keep the parameters where you want them and it will happen.
I've had a hammer in my reef tank for an entire year where it has had small heads formed on it that just don't seem to be growing. When I stopped watching them closely, I then finally noticed their growth. It's a watching water boil sort of thing, it can just take several months for the growth we want to see.

Back
Top Bottom