Coral growth opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On your original question I use b-ionic 2 part as I lose 1 dKh every day in alk and about 10 ppm calcium daily. When I get an auto top off soon I'm gonna start dripping kalk. Stability is the key to fast coral growth. Nothing else beats it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I answered you

Look if you feel your that person I'm sorry just stating my post was about coral growth

They told you the correct answer. I have never seen an established, successful reef tank that was maintained with purple up. I didn't see one bad comment....just folks trying to help. If you happen to be using an API test kit, the odds are very good that your calcium test is way off.

remember kids read these posts
img_3091102_0_c3197f8a5163cd74e9b294d93342a1b0.gif

another question if you only see 400ppm with calcium
what are your other reading looking like ALK , PH ect
I'm not asking to be sarcastic I'm asking for a reason
and I'll answer why after you answer

I add calcium I even stated my tank was not maintained with purple up just used to get my coralline Algae to grow on my live rock . And yes I do have a API test kit fml lol.

My ph is normal but I haven't tested my alk in awhile honestly.

My ph is normal
when we ask parameters we want #'s not normal there's a wide range
any way I will answer why now
if your alk is low and ph this could lead to why with all that extra calcium your levels are not skyrocketing ,
since you have API test kit that could also be another reason why your readings are on the low side
I would recommend a better test kit
API test kits are good for only the basic tests and sometimes these are even wrong
nitrite
nitrate
ammonia
PH
all other tests you should use better kits you can get individual kits
phosphate
calcium
alk

ect I would suggest a better testers I use sulfert test kits you will get more accurate readings

Ok I'll look into it and when I say normal usually means it's good make a number up in your head and if it's good that's what I'm saying :)

Ok I'll look into it and when I say normal usually means it's good make a number up in your head and if it's good that's what I'm saying :)

Okay then... your 6053 calcium, 86.2 dkh, 1.3pH, 350ppm ammonia, and 16ppm phosphates is way off.

I would suggest a series of small water changes to bring the levels back to where they should be. If you do water changes that are too large then it may shock your stock and cause a crash.

We don't mess around in the salty forums :whistle:

What salt are you using? If your using reef crystals, calcium is already going to be fairly high as it is.

As for test kits, I use red sea for alk, calc, and mag. The kit for all 3 isn't too expensive. Then I use salifert for phosphate.

I switch between the insta ocean reef and non reef lol.

Back
Top Bottom