Coral help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pictures :)

here they are
img_1777115_0_a2e1edc283d85757108bed1eec33752f.jpg

img_1777115_1_88356ade2f8d3f67b5d1c9a3e5cafd2f.jpg

img_1777115_2_c85a6beacdb5c9ecd1dbf599ac0037bd.jpg

img_1777115_3_feec4ddc007e70e425ab93d805481ddb.jpg

img_1777115_4_28bfb0f481cb88b59716e5060b9a53f3.jpg

img_1777115_5_fe224152bbf92bd17a73f1b92c42d2d7.jpg

Move the mushroom to the bottom and it opened up a bit more! Just let me know what you think. And any placement ideas?

Remember don't dose anything in your tank you can't test for. Plain and simple ask opinions and then do your own research. You can overdose on one thing and throw something else out of whack. Your tank is looking good already.

Remember don't dose anything in your tank you can't test for. Plain and simple ask opinions and then do your own research. You can overdose on one thing and throw something else out of whack. Your tank is looking good already.

Thanks so are you reccomending. Dose? And if so what?

You dont need any supplements esp. to start off with. I have corals in my tank that are over 13 yrs old and have never been target fed. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. Saying that there are some low light corals and some high light corals that might need some target feeding but only with some light feeding. No supplements needed as PWC`s will take care of depleted trace elements. But as far as a moderate light reef I dont see where feedings are necessary.

Alright that's what I was thinking. As said i know a we friends that have been doing reef aquariums for years and never dosed anything and their aquariums are thriving.

Your reef tank looks amazing!

Alright my mushrooms are on a small piece of rock on the sanded and opend a lot more today. The zoas are mid tank on frag plugs in rocks. Approximately how fast do the grow or spread? Just curious.

The mushrooms can take a long time or be quick, at least in my tanks. I have a mushroom that keeps moving and leaves baby mushrooms in his path.

I find zooas to grow really quick usually. Within a couple weeks you should have some new polyps pushing out and within a couple months they should completely overtake the frag plug or rock they are on.

Alright holding so far lol. My Lfs had a colony of zoas with two different kinds for $20 so I had to pick it up I'll have a picture after it opens up and is all acclimated.

I don't know if you dip your corals but that is always a good idea to help keep pests out of your tank. I have been using flatworm x and revive. Once I am out of revive I will get some coral rx. Getting them before they get in your tank is best sometimes things sold to kill pests don't work as well as expected.

Back
Top Bottom