Coral id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought this little piece today but forgot its name already. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-3991871884.jpg
    image-3991871884.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 81
That is a symphodium. Nice pickup! One of my all time favorites. I remember 8 months ago when they first started showing up (atleast while i've been in the hobby) and I had to have one. After awhile all those little spots will connect and you'll have one rock covered in polyps. Mine like a higher flow, like my star polyps if that helps you get all of the polyps to open up since some of them are near the bottom of the rock.

Sniperhank said:
That is a symphodium. Nice pickup! One of my all time favorites. I remember 8 months ago when they first started showing up (atleast while i've been in the hobby) and I had to have one. After awhile all those little spots will connect and you'll have one rock covered in polyps. Mine like a higher flow, like my star polyps if that helps you get all of the polyps to open up since some of them are near the bottom of the rock.

Ya I had already bought a Ricordia and a Zoa head but I couldn't pass it up as it was the only one I've ever seen. Thank you! I'm looking forward to it growing out. I have it right next to my gsp's and they love it so hopefully tomorrow they will start to venture out!

Back
Top Bottom