Coral ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmckoy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking to find some kind of coral that will spread kinda fast but I don't want all the same all over .
I have 2 different kinds of zoas ,
It was apparently pipe organ when I bought it but it turned out being a orange clove polyp .
I have a small hammer coral frag and a small candy cane frag .

What could I put in to spread ?

Some nice different color mushrooms...I started with two in six months I had about 10 a year later I had so many I had to remove some....

How fast do zoas , hammer coral , candy cane and the orange polyps spread ?

Be careful cause they will spread too fast and crowd everything else ?

How fast could 2 small frags of zoas spread ?
They are both have 5-6 heads .
The candy cane is approx. 2" dia .

I also have a Hollywood stunner chalice ,
It looks nice but I think it would be better if it was bigger .

Red monti cap has grown really fast for me.. Probably outdone by zoas and only second to my xenias. Got a 3 inch frag in March and its now over 5 inches with all kinds of new ridges. Love it.

Yep the red monti grows extremely well in my tank Also. Xenia is super fast it will take over your tank

Soft corals generally grow faster because they don't have to build a skeleton. As far as zoas are concerned, in ideal conditions, some spread very fast, and some spread very slowly.
The cheap Indonesian ones like eagle eyes and dragon eyes spread quick.
Just a word of advice...don't put anything in the tank you don't love to look at. I see many people adding kenya tree and things like that to their tanks and while they spread like crazy, IMO, they are quite ugly, and hard to eradicate, when you get tired of it.

Back
Top Bottom