coral issiues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well with the shady area it is doing a lot better. i might just keep the coral there after it heals and i can take the shady area away. it will still get a tiny bit of shade, just not as much. i might have an idea for my own little fan set up now.

Technically you do not have to have actinics and I only mentioned them since most people seem to use them in conjunction. Once you get a timer or set it to the appropriate time frame the brain should be able to slowly bounce back and get used to the intesity; The green morphs usually tolerate more light intensity than that of the red/blue morphs. Repositioning by your rockwork (still on substrate) where there's an overhang or creating a small bommie with some coverage would also work.

I have the same coral in my tank. Mine is out in the open on the sand bed under the MHs. Granted my tank is a lot deeper then yours is. Do your clowns mess with it at all? I had an issue before I got the RBTA of my clowns rubbing in it and actually tearing the tissue. I had to cover mine to keep them away from it until I got an anemone.

I have the same coral in my tank. Mine is out in the open on the sand bed under the MHs. Granted my tank is a lot deeper then yours is. Do your clowns mess with it at all? I had an issue before I got the RBTA of my clowns rubbing in it and actually tearing the tissue. I had to cover mine to keep them away from it until I got an anemone.

innovator: i got the green variant and im considering the actinics but im not sure yet cuz idk if i can find a way to fit them to the hood besides in the halide chamber thing.
ziggy: clown rarely hovers over it but will just a little sometimes. i think my goby is more of an issue, it loves to sivt sand and swim over it at the same time getting sand on it.

i took away the block yesterday evening and today it looks 20x better. amazing. i moved it into a new spot that i really like it in and now its away from the gobys cave.
Thanks 4 all the help!

me 2 im sooooooooo happy. tryn to think of what to add next. any ideas. im lookin for 1 more fish, a few more snails, maybe another star to replace my old 1, hermit shells, maybe another urchin, an anemone, and just some various lps and sps corals (tryn to stay away from softies for now). but before most of that i want to get some timers, purigen, lr rubbel, fans, and a heater. everything sound good?

Sounds good to me. I have some corals that would do well in your system. I'll be posting an ad in the classified section soon.

so i decided to take away the bloc but then it got ad again so i put it back on and it is now recovering again. and now my xenia is getting really thin not sure why, all of my other corals are thriving though!

Xenia is one of those corals that will either like your system or it wont. Sometimes I wish it didn't like mine so much.

My xenia goes through stages where it looks awesome and then other times where it looks just sad.

Did you have a sudden temp swing in the tank? I noticed it happened to mine when ever the temp dropped for one reason or another.

i think the brain is finally done. it has a very dark brown spot on a part of its outer edge. i dont think that it will last much longer, i've tried as hard as i could to save it but i guess that it wasnt enough. it was doing ok yesterday but today it looks completely limp.

Back
Top Bottom