Coral keeps getting knocked off....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just started putting coral up. I have a green start polyp and is attached to a little rock when i got it. Problem is the snails and crabs keep knocking it off. I have tried pushing it closer to the rock but still issues. Thoughts??? Is there a better way to attach them? Not sure how fast they attach to rock.

Attachments

• image-2283911814.jpg
    image-2283911814.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 74
  • image-426235565.jpg
    image-426235565.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 63
I just started putting coral up. I have a green start polyp and is attached to a little rock when i got it. Problem is the snails and crabs keep knocking it off. I have tried pushing it closer to the rock but still issues. Thoughts??? Is there a better way to attach them? Not sure how fast they attach to rock.

You can glue it in place or use coral epoxy. Krazy glue gel works good and a lot also use this product as well.

http://m.homedepot.ca/product/ProductDetails.aspx?productid=973098&lang=EN

Will the glue stick when its in the water???? So glue on the coral then right on the rock?

Yes the glue works under water. Get the gel it is easy to work with. Blow off any debris on the rock prior to glueing.

Will the glue eventually break away or i would guess it will just grow around it?

Back
Top Bottom