Coral Killing Clownfish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got 2 Percula Clownfish from LiveAquaria a few months ago. They will not let any coral live near their cave. I had to move frogspawn, Duncans and now they are terrorizing a Matting Green Star Polyp colony. The only corals that can be put near their cave is zoas. This is really making me mad since I have to put all my corals up high and on the left of the tank.....HELP!!

clowns are really unpredictable since they are very territorial they don't like change
sometimes you just need to out smart them
this can be done several ways
1, after dark lights out rearrange the area you want to add coral than add it in
after lights come back on he will seem confused and most likely leave corals alone or try to host
2, remove clown rearrange rock add corals re introduce clown
I have 1 clown he's a clarkie that no matter what I do he will move corals he don't like so I came up with a trick to fool him if I want it on the left I put it on the right and he pretty much puts it where I wanted it in first place
my maroon clowns wont allow me to put torch corals up in the rocks they keep putting them into cave entrances so I just left them there it's funny if they don't like it they'll let you know

I have the same problem with a midnight angel fish. He eats every coral I put I there and has taught my yellow tang to pick at them as well. My angel and tang are like freaking best friends. It's cute but I'm about to get rid of them both at this point.

Back
Top Bottom