Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Joester2k3 Send a message via Yahoo to Joester2k3
Coral Life Skimmer All the Sudden MEssed up

My Skimmer was working perfectly until a few days ago. And all the sudden it started to much skim to fast. It looks like soap is in my water it makes those kinds of buddles in the basin and then starts to shoot them out the top. My water is now turning green since it has not been running and i dont know what to do. Ive taken it all down cleaned it and put it back together and it still wont work. Is it time for a new skimmer and if so what should i do till i can get one????

Old 06-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

It was probably because you had some kind of spike in your disolved organics. your skimmer was probably performing exactly as it was suppose to, provided that you mean the bubbles were coming out into the collection cup.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:36 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

yes
but i have the Skimmer turned the whole way down and yet it still makes huge bubbles into the collection cup ;/
Old 06-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Try filling the center cylinder body with more water. Could be there isnt enuff in there? I had to do that once after I really gutted mine.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Right now i have ti running with a tube coming fromt eh collection cup letting it run because my water is green now. Should i make some water n do some water changes to try n help also??

Like soap bubbles are forming at the top of my tank. I think i hve to much organics int he water.??????
Old 06-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to FishFrik
R u using the bubble diffuser box? Check if the sponge is clogged
Old 06-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How long has the skimmer been running? Bubble in the collection cup is great, that means your skimmer is producing. But your getting microbubbles into the tank is what your saying? If its a fairly new skimmer, thats ok. If not, you may want to look into a bubble diffuser like FF said.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well Ive cleaned everything out and im still getting to many bubbles in the collection cup. The skimmer is turned the whole way down and yet its still forcing these huge skim bubbles up????? And it wont stop. I alos have a weird micro bubble issue. How should i clean the difusser maybe ive been doing it wrong??
Old 06-02-2006, 01:16 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

When you say turning it down, are you adjusting the air flow into the pump or are you adjusting the speed of the pump. I keep my pump at the same speed but I adjust how much it produces by adjusting airflow with a needle valve on the airline.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

ohhhh a needle valve
where did u place it on the air line and which airline????

When im talking about turning it down the only thing i have to adjust is the red knob on top of the diffuser hose

Tags
coral, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com