Coral not growing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I forgot the name of the coral I bought a few weeks ago (doh)... I THINK its this:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+1492+2295+2839&pcatid=2839http://liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=597+1492+2292

But it might not be... Its a very grassy looking coral. Neon green color. But its much thicker then the one in this picture. It also can retract and look like a bumpy purple rock. Anyway, i've had it for about 2-3 weeks now and I havent seen much if any growth at all. They said it grew pretty quick. My Zoa's have sprouted 4 heads in the past 3 weeks, and my richordias have grown a little bit too. But so far, that little guy hasnt shown signs of any growth. Any ideas? All my tests are showing good results.

They are fast growers but I think they are really finicky about water conditions. Full parameter read out?

Many coral need a good month or so to "settle in" to a new tank before you will really start to see much growth out of them.

I've found they are kind of picky. GSP are pretty fast growers when they settle. But they pretty much grow anywhere as long as your water quality is good.

IMO 2-3 weeks is not enough time to really see some growth. Esp if it`s the first 2-3 weeks. Give it a good couple months and maybe you`ll see something.

Once they settle in and your tank matures to the point where your level fluctuations are down, it will take off like wildfire...don't you worry about that.

I have to agree with everyone else that GSP will take off once it settles. I have one section in my tank that seems to grow better than the other two sections but like they said above that could be due to waterflow

i would be waiting just to see if it survives the first month before expecting wild growth. Star polyps are generally hardy you'll see some growth soon with PWCs

I plan on isolating some on 1 rock out in the sand bed. Will this keep them from getting out of control?

Back
Top Bottom