Coral placement and interior designing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Akillian

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey! I'm not new to the hobby, but I am pretty new to a small tank. I just downgraded from my 120 to a 20 and I'm having a really hard time placing the corals in spots that look great.

image-1546364622.jpg

This is what I have so far. Any recommendations or advice?

Looks good to me. I'd probably move the shrooms on top of the rock somehow. If it was me I'd remove them from the frag plate and rubberband them for a bit onto the larger rock. I just don't like the look of frag plates/plugs tbh, but that's just me.

I don't either, but I don't know how to remove them:( or rubberband them to the rock. Touching and messing with the corals has always made me so nervous, especially softies. How would I go about doing that?

And what do you think I should put on the flat rock space toward the right side? I can't decide.

If it's just superglued on, you can snap the SPS\LPS off the plugs easily enough. If you think you're trying too hard, you can always use some dikes to cut at the base.

With softies, I just take a razor blade and slice off at and angle as close to the base as I can. Then I just rubber band it in place to a small rock and glue\epoxy the rock to the larger aquascape, or I just rubber band the softie to the larger aquascape itself. You can use a small dab of superglue if you'd like as well, but I don't bother. After a few days the softie has usually attached to the rock.

And what do you think I should put on the flat rock space toward the right side? I can't decide.

Have you thought about maybe some green star polyps? I like the look and they spread easily enough around the area. With the right flow, GSP looks like grass flowing in the wind; but in your tank.

Great idea! I have some on the very right toward the bottom but I they were closed. I wasn't sure about their placement but I love that. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom