Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus
I've heard very good things about ReVive, which is a coral "cleaner" that has shown to rid flatworms amongst other "beasties." I wouldn't be too concerned with ich from coral, but if you are worried than place the corals in Quarantine for 30 days as you would fish, but without hyposalinity.

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Tank2379 View Post
...how would you know if that specific Coral piece is loaded with ICH and you have no clue that it's there. ...
That's just not the way ich is. A piece of coral will not be "loaded" with ich. It doesn't live on coral. And while it does swim around in water, a few drops of water won't be loaded with the parasite. It lives on fish, and the dormant stages live in your sand. Your main concern with ich is when it comes in with fish (not the water, but actually present on the fish).

But as Innovator mentioned, if you're concerned, it won't hurt to QT corals. Just make sure you have adequate lighting on your QT to do so.

Kurt_Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, ich, polyp, polyps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com