Coral propigation tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neilfox

Aquarium Advice Regular
Getting ready to start to build a square flat coral propigation tank 3'by3'by14". Just looking for advice or do's and dont's before I start. Thanks.

I'm not quite sure about plumbing yet. The lighting I have figured out. What I am trying to figure is 1 2 3 or 4 overflows and out lets . I am planing in making my sump/refugeum around the same gal as the tank. The other thing is the main tank is just a display tank. I want to make my girls a tide pool in Utah for them to learn from.

Just got a estimate on cut polished glass3/8 338$ are you joking?

Not sure what your looking for, what is it? 3/8" glass doesnt say much, it might be expensive, all depending on what size it is. I would look into cutting your own glass and using plate glass, it's cheap and easy. You could also do an acrylic, which would be pretty easy, just need the sryinge, cement, and sheets.

Didn't read my post? 3" by 3" by 14" tall 3/8 glass 300+ 1/4 100+ I just do not under stand how I can get close( delivered) but not quite what I want for **** near the same price and I have to assemble and drill my self... That is what I am getting at.....

Sorry, I thought you were just talking about one panel. Do you know if there is anyone else who might cut and drill glass? One of the reasons on going to a glass company is that they can drill it for you, if they aren't willing to do that maybe you should look for someone else.

That's the other problem. The small town I live in there is only one glass shop. I found a web site out of florida with acrylic frag tanks but like I said sacrifice what I want for something similar because of price. Also I really like building things my self.

Why not just make an acrylic tank? I think that would be ideal for a frag tank, clearer, lighter, and because there isn't much of a way to get it scratched, there aren't many cons.

Best bet for acrylic is a local plastics supplier. I usually go for 1/4" acrylic. A lot cheaper than the junk plexiglass at Homedepot and lowes, and a lot stronger. For a tank, you may want to go thicker, depending on if you're going to use braces or not.

Back
Top Bottom