coral question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a question ive been thinking about i know certain specimins should never be exposed to air, but can corals be exposed to air lets say removing it from the bucket your dripping it in and placing it in the water? would that kill a coral?, this is just something i was thinking about thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss

I have had no trouble with short exposures to air of my soft or hard corals. Sponges and stars are a no-no.

I've read that starfish won't last long when exposed to air. So i agree with lando. Sponges too.

I think Q-tip sponge is an exception 0.o I have 10+ tiny q-tip sponges on my bubble's skeleton and i tried to expose them in the air so they would die of but they just wouldn't XD

The "Sponge Master", Julian Sprung, told us at MACNA last year that that was more a overstatement than anything. Most will die if exposed to air (sponges, I mean) for a long time, but some/most are okay for a very short period.

I've exposed corals to air before for short periods of time with no ill effects.

Back
Top Bottom