Coral Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
:D Hi All :D

Me again, your favorite NEWB!

I have a question for you. (of course)

I know that my lighting is not sufficient for most corals or anemones, but, with the lighting I do have, what could I start with as far as coral goes?

I want to have a beautiful tank full of colors, and variety. I do not have the cash right now to buy the Hallide lighting, but I would like to get started with something. Is there anything?

If there is some things I could start with, can you give me some specific names of the type I can have?

My lighting specs are in my signature.

Thanks again all, from your favorite NEWB! :wink:

Shrooooooms!

They do not need intense lighting and actually are quite happy under just mediocre lighting. Plus they like to spread.

You could have some sea fans with that kind of light also, which can be very attractive. Button polyps and Zoos would likely be fine in there as well.

I have some polyps, a zoo frag, 2 xenia frags and a leather in my 75 gal with a 4x55 PC fixture. Place some higher in the tank and you should be ok.

I am looking into a MH setup though because I really want my stuff to take off and maybe move into some harder corals.

Back
Top Bottom