Coral RX ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDChurch

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a question concerning the coral rx. Intsructions on the bottle are pretty straight forward and easy to understand. During this dipping process do you have to make sure the coral is not exposed to air or not, or does it not matter? Have had my tank up about 8 months now and getting things in order to start adding coral. Just want to be sure this dipping treatment is done correctly. Thanks in advance for any help.:thanks:

Thanks so much for the quick response. That is good news to hear. I was just trying to figure out how am I going to dip anything without air exposure. Thanks again.

I use Coral Rx.... Love it. And, yes you can dip anything except sponges. Those must go directly from the bag to the tank without exposure to air.

After your acclimation: Use tank water (not acclimation water) to mix your solution. Also have a small bowl of non Rx tank water on the side. Put a SINGLE coral in a small bowl & use enough Coral Rx water to cover it... if you have multiple corals/frags, either do one at a time or use multiple bowls.... swish it (them) around every minute or two for 8-10 minutes, then take the coral out and give it a rinse in the bowl of clean tank water & place in your tank. DO NOT RE-USE the old Coral Rx dip.... use fresh for each coral.

Ahh, some more useful info. I would have made that mistake of dipping multiple corals in the same dip. Thanks for that. So each coral has to go into its own dip. Been on the freshwater side for over 40 years, but, on the salty side for only the last couple of years. Did one year of research before even setting the tank up and the tank has been up about 8 months now. Just at the point now where all of the GHA and cyano is disappearing so the tank is cleaning itself up a bit. Its just my choice but I won't put any corals in until the tank is clear of most of the nutrients and algae and such. Thanks for all the good info.:thanks:

It's mainly a safety issue for the corals themselves. They are getting stressed with all that moving around, and some can release toxins.... Plus there could be something bad on one that's not on the others, and it's die-off could release toxins as well. Best to keep them seperate during that period.

Back
Top Bottom