coral safe dwarf angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wael El-Dasher

Aquarium Advice Activist
I lost my flame angel and he was such a good fish. Never bothered any corals. Its time to start planning my next dwarf angel. I'd like to get another flame but I also like coral beauty. The LFS tells me they're typically bad with soft corals and very much different in behavior to the flame. The flames, he claims, are very well behaved and rarely bother any corals, but coral beauty & rusty angelfish are trouble makers in a reef aquarium.

Anyone here have experience with coral beauty or rusty angelfish in a reef aquarium? What other dwarf angels do others have experience with that were good in a reef setting?

cheers

Wael

"reef safe" dwarf angels are always hit or miss. I had a flame for about 6 months with no issues then he got a taste for zoas and all were gone in a week.

How about a potter's angel. they seem to be a little more reef safe than the flame.

From what I've heard over the years from many different experiences is that there is never a guarantee any angel will not indulge on coral or clams. Heard of many that went years, and the one day....

Had my bi-color angel in the tank for about a month he was great then he started nipping at my zoas like crazy had to get rid of it.

I went to a great LFS today and they pretty much said the same thing, it's hit or miss. They had several flames and most were picking at the clams and soft corals. The coral beauty angelfish they had picked on every clam in the rank.

Back
Top Bottom