Coral scape...too close?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I upgraded again ; 90 litres> 150 > 300 > 400. I am hoping this is the last but am totally addicted and keep buying more corals. Is the Duncan going to sting the coral (is it an acan?) to the left of it with orange and green centre ? I am finding placement difficult. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405228590.368191.jpg and am looking at buying more rock to build up the height or set up my spare 250litre tank ( no sump). I just have concerns with new rock incase I inherit bad hitch hikers. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would honestly be more worried about the hammer stinging... well everything the same with the frogspawn. They need a bit of space around them. Duncans are fairly peaceful as far as corals go.

That coral in question looks more like a blastomussa to me but I could very well be wrong about that.

It could be Acanthastrea bowerbanki or maybe a lobophyllia? Hard to tell without a close up. I agree with mebbid on the euphyllia. Te Duncan should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It could be Acanthastrea bowerbanki or maybe a lobophyllia? Hard to tell without a close up. I agree with mebbid on the euphyllia. Te Duncan should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks...sorry I haven't worked out how to respond to specific replies on my ipad. I hear the names of the corals when I buy them and then forget so I have to google images to find them.Lobophyllia sounds familiar (and rhymes) I may have to place it on the sand to create some more space for now if it can be on the bottom of the tank. I have encountered the perils of the frogspawn when a fish (or snail) knocked my blasto into one...it was mush by the time I got home from work : (

My duncan went from 7 heads to about 50 this year. If that starts growing you're going to run into trouble with all those coral around it.

I always try to space things out at least 4 inch as a rule of thumb than fill in the spaces with softies, this will give enough room for everything to grow and help curve any coral warfare , over time most corals will get used to there neighboring corals and will most likely stop stinging one another

Sounds like I need to start setting up my 250litre and move some corals across ..... and keep away from LFS! Lol

Back
Top Bottom