Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salttanker
Pendents are nice if you can mount them over the tank and have a clean look to it
I would LOVE to hang some from the ceiling, or make some kind of setup that they could hang via some cool DIY setup. But I have two cats. They would fall straight through the eggcrate so fast... it's not even funny. I'd come home to either a cat who's swimming, or a wet cat in the corner sulking with a clown fish in its teeth. I was just going to make a new hood just like the one I have right now & mount retro lights.

Old 05-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, me too. My concern is dog hair getting into the tank with it being open. I already have that issue, but it is manageable with it closed. I can't imagine the dust bunnies getting into the tank. Yikes! Arizona has plenty of dust, and it is hard to get rid of.

Mike

Old 05-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLG2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salttanker
Pendents are nice if you can mount them over the tank and have a clean look to it
I would LOVE to hang some from the ceiling, or make some kind of setup that they could hang via some cool DIY setup. But I have two cats. They would fall straight through the eggcrate so fast... it's not even funny. I'd come home to either a cat who's swimming, or a wet cat in the corner sulking with a clown fish in its teeth. I was just going to make a new hood just like the one I have right now & mount retro lights.
Yeah, or worse, a fried cat if they perched on top of the pendant and brough it down!

Don't forget to check AA Sponsors first.

www.macna2006.com
saberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What about the coral list? Anyone think that some of those on the selection would give me issues? Something on there that might not be as "easy" to take care of as some people might think?
Old 05-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'd wait awhile before adding the lps's (brain, torch, bubble) and the clams or anemone. Make sure you do a lot of research before adding any anemone's - they come with their own set of problems. Otherwise it's looks like a good list. Make sure to give everything enough room to grow without stinging neighbors. 8O

Don't forget to check AA Sponsors first.

www.macna2006.com
saberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:11 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh... I won't be adding anything for a long while, no worries about that. I'm huge on research... maybe what I'm doing on all these forums.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:11 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

The best experience I have gained regarding Anemone captivity is to have an established tank for about 6 months before adding any. I'm not a coral expert, so someone else can chime in on that one..I just know hardware/water condition requirements for them. 8)

Mike

Tags
coral, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com