Coral setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fird

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to start stocking corals in my tank so I wanted to ask a couple of questions about their setup. I'm basically looking for the differences in frags and colonies. What are the the pros and cons they come with?

not sure what youre asking. frags are small pieces colonies are the mother thing.

pro's and con's not sure what youre asking again. ones small, ones big/takes up space?

ones cheaper ones not
bigger probably looks better etc etc

Fird said:
I want to start stocking corals in my tank so I wanted to ask a couple of questions about their setup. I'm basically looking for the differences in frags and colonies. What are the the pros and cons they come with?

Simply.
1.Frags are smaller and therefore a whole lot cheaper.
2.Colonies are larger and therefore much more expensive.
It is I guess a matter of your patience level,waiting for corals to grow to bigger size,or if money isn't an issue go big to start with.
I go bigger when I can,and go frag when the coral is real expensive if it is large.

Why buy a coral on a rock already though? do they sell small pieces of coral without it being on the plug? And how would you position them in your tank?

Ok, my issue is the plug I always see them on... Is it necessary?

you just place them in the tank, and they sell them without the plugs depending on what the coral is. and you position them lower and move them up based on their light requirement over time.

Plug is easier for placement for corals that need to stick to something

Back
Top Bottom