coral suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MCluett

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey i am just now starting to get into corals and i am looking for some colorful suggestions that would be good for a beginner to try out. I am running 2x250MH so i am not worries about the lack of light its just that i have them set up on a 55g long so i am worried the light might be to much for some corals. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

matt

Try some Montipora Digitata. It is an SPS that will thrive in low or high light. The higher the light the more intense the color. Zoanthids are another coral that will do well and will provide you nice color. Acropora is an option (SPS) but they can be more delicate and require prestine water conditions.

Go to Liveaquaria.com and have a look at their coral selection to get some ideas. Make sure to research any purchase before you make it.

mushrooms are a great starter. With the MH i'd put them low in the tank. I just got my first mushroom frag this past weekend and so far so good! I have a 2 X 150 MH, 2 X96 watt PC with lunar lights. Right now since the mushroom is all I have at the moment, I just have my PC's on.

Mushrooms and button polyps and Colt coral. These are very hardy corals and very nearly indestructable.

yeah mushrooms are great. maybe once you get more expierenced i really like frogspawn and torch corals

Back
Top Bottom