coral suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a few softies in my tank now and they are doing well. i am not testing for calcium yet but am going to start in the week or two. so hard corals are out for now. i know i need calcium for softies also, just not as much from waht i understand. what are your favorite soft corals and their placement? i have a couple of high light areas to fill as well as the sand bed. i like the look of the colt corals, chili coral, toadstool leathers and most other leathers. i would like something a little bigger. how about suggestions for a first LPS down the road? i was thinking of a candy cane or open brain

thanks for your thoughts
steve r

I love zoos. If you look hard you can find some really great super-colored ones. As far as LPS corals, torch or hammer are very easy and nice to look at. Good Luck...Lando

i would like to add osme more zoo's. right now i have a small brown colony and have not seen many colors but i would like some more. thanks for the LPS suggestions also

steve r

I love my Xenia. It blobbed its self over to another rock this weekend, so now I have 2 colonies in different parts of the tank :mrgreen:

Just be careful with xenia it can spread quick taking over a tank. So try and keep that coral away from your main section of LR.
Zoos are cool good colors are hard to fine.... Branching hammers are cool..

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that's the right site.

Interesting, yes . . . not seeing any zoos though.

Sorry, try www.reefermadnes.us Looks like a good musical though. I will not point out the irony of someone named "tripper" discovering the mistake of the website with reefer in it :lol: (I think I just did :wink: ) Anywhoo...check out the new site for great looking zoos...Lando

Back
Top Bottom