Coralife Aqualight Compact Fluorescent Strip Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

opie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:evil: I have a 150 gl tank so I got two new 36 inch Double Strip Lights by Coralife Aqualight Compact Fluorescent I put them on my GLASS TOPS two weeks ago I pull the light off and all 3 of my glass tops are broke it must been the heat from the lights that did that . should these lights be raise up ?

I'm not 100% sure when I ordered mine they sent me csl moon-lite fixture. The coralife fixtures come with legs to keep them off the tank I thought. Its a bummer bout your glass but most people don't use them, I still do.

The legs are an optional extra. I've had mine sitting on top of the glass without the legs for 9 months.

I've had the one on my 44g sitting on glass tops for 6+ months without problems. But my 265W one inside the canopy of my 72G makes way too much heat so I don't have glass tops and use the legs as well.

i also use the legs and no glass top. the light rases my water temp a lot. with no top my temp is vary constant but i lose about 1 gal of water every other day about.

My 55 gallon tank has the same Coralife fixture. We put the legs on it and it has the glass tops...but the legs get in the way of opening up the glass tops. There has got to be a way of customizing these legs so that I can get the glass tops open

Does anyone have any suggestions???

ya i had the same proble not being able to open the top so i just took it off. but i think you could trip the part of the leg that prevents it from opening. there is not warrenty that could be void by doing this. did any one else have a proble with the middle moon light? i had to move mine about 3 in to one side so it would not shine on the center beam. but ohter then that i love the light.

Just leave the tops off IMO. I have the 48" coralife and the 48" CSL on my 105G without any tops and they work great.

I would love to leave the tops off, however, I am sure one day I would find the light fixture in the tank...because the cat thinks it is fun to sit on the light....of course she gets in trouble everytime I catch her on the light but that does not stop her.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to modify the legs for my Coralife fixture??

I saw a wall mount at one of the on-line retailers. I don't remember which oen but can try to find it again if you think that might help. It looks like shelf brackets that attach to the either side of the light.

I just received my 48" CSL fixture today and the instructions stressed to leave the glass tops on. Is it possible that the tops might have had a defect (air pockets)? Has any one had this problem before?

Back
Top Bottom