Coralife Aqualight Pro Light Fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterac

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can pass on their experience with any of the Coralife Aualight Pro Fixture. They come in 36", 48" and 72" sizes and combine MH, Actinic and Moonlighting all in one. I have an 8' long 450g tank and I want to put one of these 72" bad boys on my tank. I like the idea of only dealing with one piece.

Thanks,
Pete R.

I have seen a 48" 250w one. They look great. They are slick, and produce nice light output. I have never used one myself. Drool........

I have the Coralife 48" 260W PC version. It works great with built-in fans and 4 blue LED lights to simulate morning and evening. Never used the MH version but I love mine.

JW

CoraLife 24" here..Single 150HQI with 2 x 65w Actinic. Its over my 29G tank and no matter how you attach the included legs, it doesn't mount. I Had to use a pair of wood 2 x 2's. I sent both Coralife and the reseller an email about it months ago and neither addressed the issue. As for performance, can't complain. Mine came with a 10K Coralife bulb. The ballast is quiet, though Im sure you'll have 3 or 4 for an 8' tank. Its definitely designed to hang and in fact there is a kit for hanging. (Why it is not included is beyond me..) Construction: so so. Its sturdy but smacks of cheap here and there. I've had mine about 2 months and has been a good performer. Over all I would probably buy something else knowing what I know now, but not say I am really dissatisfied, just a little disappointed. My recommendation: If your ok with hanging it and dealing with a 'quick disconnect' (For the MH cord) that likes to disconnect itself quickly (I put electrical tape around mine cause it would pull out so easy..) its probably a decent fixture. There are cheaper avenues yeilding better results imo using some diy technology though ; )

GL!

I have the 48" model with 2x96w Actinic / 2x150W HQI / 3x moonlight. The fan has little noise. The "CoraLife" label is peeling off because of the heat. The ballasts are quiet and not too hot. I did exchanged one due to defective power switch. The width is little bid too wide, ~15in. Not problem at all with the legs (I like their legs) easy to adjust. Overall I give it 7.5 out of 10.

Back
Top Bottom