coralife fan noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrock

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got the 30" coralife lunar aqualight with 2 65 watt bulbs. when i turned on the 10,000k light, one of the fans seemd pretty loud. i didnt think anything of it until a freind that has the same lights said his werent as loud. the only one that is making a very noticable noise is the one farthest to the left. so i was wondering, does anyone with coralife lights notice much of a noise from one or more of the fans?

ya ive heard a skimmer and i think they are definenitley louder than my lights. just cant really decide wether to send them back or not

MORRISON CURSE....lol....just trying to think of something that would be okay to say at this point in time

MORRISON CURSE....lol....just trying to think of something that would be okay to say at this point in time

I wouln't bother with the light if it isn't making to much noise its just the way the fan opperates if its really annyoing then call them and ask them. Otherwise let it be. I had the same problem with my sump for about 5 months then my "Dr. Tim" came over and fixed it. So I would just put up with it.

I've got the coral lunar aqualight 2x96- no problem with fan noise - but I'm on my third replacement in so many weeks- the LEDs keep blowing. Any idea why?

I have never heard og LEDS blowing??? Very strange. Tbrock i sent you a PM on the fan.

My 36" Lunar Light has the same problem. The fan (furthest from the switches) is very loud. The other is almost so quiet I don't hear it.

It's being replaced next week. I'm somewhat disappointed with the Coralife as I'd heard so many positive things about it compared to the Current USA/CSL fixtures.

Hopefully the replacement will be better.

Mine doesnt seem so bad anymore. now if i cover eithert fan it gets quiter, so neither of them is louder than the other. now i think its just makking normal fan noise.

Back
Top Bottom