Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Coralife marine salt mix

I am currently using instant ocean salt in my tank. Going to switch and order tomorrow. I found that the coralife reef salt has a great price for a 200 gallon box. I tried finding user information on it with not much luck. I did find a YouTube video of a guy showing some websites comparison numbers with other salts. Coralife was great according to the numbers. So my question is if any of you have experience with this salt?

Old 10-19-2017, 04:54 AM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Salt is salt. I buy whatever is on sale. Weekly water changes keep things in line.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #3
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

salt is basically all the same the only difference I noticed using different salt is the calcium content it varies along with cost.

after trying different brands I went back to what I started with Kent Marine. it meets my needs and I found a shop that sells it to me for 15% over cost $27. a box . I get a good deal since I pay for 6 boxes upfront . nice part I don't have to take it all at once so I don't need to store it and I know I get the freshest salt ,

I like how it dissolves quickly giving a good even mix
54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:22 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I used Kent's for awhile and worked out great them the price went up allot. I placed a order for the coralife from Dr foster&smith. $39 free shipping. Or $31 if you set up auto ship. That's for the 200 gallon box.

Tags
coral, coralife, marine, marine salt, salt, salt mix

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com