'Coralife Scientific Grade aquarium Salt' ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As Andy said, salt choice is a personally preference. I used to use Instant Ocean for the longest time and then switched over to Oceanic and never looked back. Great salt!

I've never heard of a "scientific grade" aquarium salt. But Coralife is a reputable manufacturer so I am sure there is nothing wrong with using it.

exactly what I thought, just wondering if anyone has used it because I've only used 'red sea' salt, and using it saves me buying new salt, thanks for replying.

Is it 'aquarium salt' or 'marine salt'? Big difference between the 2. Since this is posted in the saltwater section I'm assuming you are using it for a saltwater tank in which case I would not use it.

I never understood the difference between what you guys call marine salt and aquarium salt.

IF you look at it sientificlly salt is salt. IT is NaCl and it is what it is. One salt is no different than another salt. IF there are other additives in the salt liek trace elements then there can be differences but how could I be wrong thinkign that all salt is the same?

I have always ever used CoraLife for my main and octopus tank. No problems whatsoever. In fact when I recently purchased a Salifert Calcium test kit and tested a new batch, came up with about 450 Calcium in the fresh batch of saltwater, not bad!

P.S. My new seahorse seems to be doing fine in it as well - healthy, slowly moving around the tank looking for copepods, and eating the first night I brought him home...

Back
Top Bottom