Coralife Super Skimmer Set Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

two11devan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got my skimmer in the mail. I am going to use it inside of the sump. Im guessing Im going to have to make a raised platform so the pump is only the 3 or 4 inches below the water line that is suggested.

How do you attach the bubble diffuser box with the in sump set up? It shows the only way to connect it is by hanging it off of the side glass. I don't get this....if its in the sump, there is no where to hang this. Anyone out there used this skimmer in this capacity??

The only problem i had the CSS is the diffuser box. It seems like coralife didn't pay much attention on the box design...

Don't you have a bubble baffle in your sump? If you do, you won't need to use the box.

The customer service for coralife is GREAT!! Give em a call, they'll be happy to help! I had to twice, once for a broken part and they sent another one right out! And the second time was the initial set up, so frustrating! I got my skimmer in the fuge also, they told me to take some of the water out so the water line is right at the bottom of the diffuser & the pump 3-4 inches in the water. The tricky thing is that the tube can only be in the box 1 inch, so more than likely u'll have to cut it, and the black foamie on top (in the bubble box) has to be all the way level with the top of the box.
I hope this helps!! I know how frustrating it is!! Good luck! :D

Thanks for your replies. I am going to have bubble baffles in my sump so I might just not use the diffuser. I can't wait to get this tank up and running! I have been out of this for long enough! =)

Back
Top Bottom