Coralife T5 bulbs vs the others...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS has a great sale on Coralife T5's right now. Anyone use them? Why are they regularly $15 vs the norm of $25 for all other brands? Is the light as good, I have a lot of coral depending on them.

Incite?

Thanks.

Living in Canada limits what I can get and how much it costs. Most T5's in BC run about $25 a light. If I ordered from an american outlet there is shipping and the change of a light bulb getting to me in one peice is pretty slim...lol The Coralife bulbs are onsale this month for about $12 so unless they give off bad light or only last 3 months I'd like to grab some. Is there really a difference?

Actually, there is a difference. How much of one though, not sure. lol

the canada thing is tough, I know BRS delivers to canada but not sure how much more money it is. You wouldnt believe how bullet proof their packaging is with bulbs, I wouldn't worry too much about that. :)

For $12 a bulb though, thats a tough deal to pass up. maybe go with them and if you need better bulbs then you can replace them at that time.

Good luck, wish I coulda been more help!

I had the Coral Life T5s for about 8 months. I wanted to try new bulbs and Carey suggested the ATIs. Huge difference with the ATIs.

Back
Top Bottom