Coraline...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone tell me if this is coraline?

image-1061898949.jpg

Attachments

• image-4144791396.jpg
    image-4144791396.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 110
  • image-145046954.jpg
    image-145046954.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 122
I feed 1 cube of frozen/thawed food daily. My anthias eats a lot. Any cuc that'll correct or get rid of it?

A cuc won't solve the issue, its just from putting so much food into the system and it not coming out. I'd make sure the food is being consumed and not rotting behind your rocks, increase amount for water changes, or look into a refugium, skimmer, or some other mechanical filtration.

I'm plumbing my 40g sump this week. It'll have a refug and a turboflotor skimmer. Had issues with my overflows. That problem was solved today.

Also make sure you rinse off your frozen food before putting it in the tank.

Cheers,

SA

I normally soak it for a couple minutes in garlic then thaw it out using tank water. Is this not ok...

From what I have read and have been advised on this site, no. The water the food is frozen in is filthy. I was told to thaw in ro or tap, then once thawed, totally discard that water. I actually rinse again in tap and then squeeze out all of the water. I then add thawed food to tank water and soak that with garlic Xtreme.

There are many on here with more experience than me. I am sure others will provide you with advice.

Regards,

SA

Put it in a net and use ro or tank water to rinse a couple times. You will see cloudy water at first then clear.

Yep the water it thaws in you will see how cloudy it is once you rinse it and put it back into the container you will see the differences.

To shorten time for thawing I slice the frozen brine shrimp into small pieces then run a dripping filtered water through it. While still in a fine net place it on a small container and soak it with Garlic Xtreme for 5 min. Using the feeding syringe inject it with same amount of tank water (net upside down) to drop it at the cap then suck it back to feed to your fish.

I thaw mine is a bit of tank water to do things quickly. I used to strain, but with 75 gallons total in my system so little phosphates in the water won't do anything compared to what was already in the water, though it is best practice.

So I've upped my w/c to every 7 days. I'm going yo start using rodi water today. I've also started to run a 40g sump and a skimmer. Is there anything else I should do to resolve this problem? I've cut back on feelings. 1 cube every other day.

Back
Top Bottom