Coraline algae on back glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jose7878

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone what is your preference on having Coraline Algae on your glass?

Personally I like the look of having the Coraline algae on the back panel and the overflow boxes. But not on the side panels or the front panel. Just my preference.

If I can't look through It I want coraline on it I even have my right side pane covered since its not really viewable lol

Mine started growing in about a month and a half, but it took about 6 months for new patches to reach dime size. Also, some critters slow it down, or even just eat it.

On my 36, I have it growing on all sides but the front. It would have progressed further, but while my mother was house sitting for me she scrapped it all off trying to help. I'm just now starting to get the purple coraline to start growing, as it has all been the green prior. It isn't all covered currently.

Took my tank 4- 6 months before it started showing up in purple about a year or more before the whole back of the tank was completely covered. I too like it I think it gives it a great established look to it. I've seen other tanks years old that the people scrape the back and the tank looks completely new.. just my opinion.

jsmith said:
I've seen other tanks years old that the people scrape the back and the tank looks completely new.. just my opinion.

I'm with you on this. IMO the only tanks that should be Coraline algae free from glass should be cube tanks.

If I remember I will see if I can snap some pictures on phone ..I only have shots of phone e from when take was newer.

I dont dont like coraline any where on my tank besides my rocks.. I remove it from the back sides overflow and anywhere else on my acrylic tank. I like the clean look.

Jereli said:
I dont dont like coraline any where on my tank besides my rocks.. I remove it from the back sides overflow and anywhere else on my acrylic tank. I like the clean look.

Your crazy! I do. Buddy of mine is just like you. Has an 8 year old tank and cleans it every water change .. maybe im just lazy?

This is mine I like it I just cleaned my over flow about a week ago cause the light wasn't getting threw but yea I love it

Attachments

• image-2849477343.jpg
    image-2849477343.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 167
  • image-3235509245.jpg
    image-3235509245.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2326298823.jpg
    image-2326298823.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 146
Robbiesamp said:
A magnet thing

The magnet never worked me. I buy the red blade for the kent scraper. Only cause I don't want to damage the silicone withe their yellow blade that has metal on it.

Hey robbie on your 3rd photo there little white blobs (look like maggots) what are those they just started showing up in my tank!

Back
Top Bottom