coraline algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hollywood11892

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i have coraline algea on a piece of rock and i started adding purple up and at first white spread around it on a large area on the rock and then the purple started turning white...any idea what this could be it was doing fine before i added purple up. thanks for any help!

I believe Carey mentioned something about white coraline in one of her threads... I'll see if I can't find it.

"Kurt Nelson" - "Sort of. It's purple coraline that has bleached or died off. In time, it'll regain it's color.

Regarding the use of "Purple Up"... stop. Your tank doesn't need it. Normal water changes with any half decent salt mix will give the tank everything it needs for the stuff to grow."

That's what Kurt mentioned to a similar situation.

Found the Carey one... "My coraliine started as little white dots, then turned green then turned purple. I think you should be fine. :)"

Hope these help!

Yep, my coralline started as little white dots then turned color in a short time. And yes, also, when I cycled my tank ALL my coralline bleached out white and then turned back to purple.

Purple up is not necessary as stated, your water changes whenusing a good salt will give you all the calcium you need to have coralline grow. :)

Hope that helps

If it looks like what is in the background of this picture I would say yes it is Coraline algae.

If it scrapes off easily then its prob not coralline. If you really have to actually razor it off then its prob coralline

Back
Top Bottom