coraline algee help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good alk level like 9 - 11 dkh and ca around 400 - 450ppm. Also, mg aorund nsw level 1300 - 1350ppm. Good strong lighting though this is a point of contention. I use 440W over my 75G and a 150HQI with a pair of 65w actinics over my 29G. Both produce coraline just fine. O ya, kalkwassar..Makes your tank happy..

GL!

YMMV, but I put 45# of Fiji LR in my 125 2 years ago with 80w NO lighting and the coraline took off. Covered the back glass, powerheads, etc. I think the chemistry is more important than the lighting.

Don't drip kalk unless you know you need it. Don't add any chemicals unless you test for them, know what range they should be in and know how they interact with other chemicals.

Strong Lighing is not that important..... Some say stronger lighting slows growth... Like they said a balanced alk and cal is important .. I use b-ionic 2 part system it works great.

Strontium will help in the spreading of coralline algae. I use seachem reef complete calcium and it has the strontium added in it. My coralline is doing very well.

Back
Top Bottom