Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Coraline and algae on side of tank

Hi guys hope you can help me out here. Right now my tank has got little live rocks. I stack them up right in the middle like a mountain. The reason I do this is because I don't want to get them near the 4 sides of the glass so that I can clean the algae off the glass easily.

The problem is I would like to get them stack up leaning on the back side of the tank but if I do this how do I clean the algae that glows on the back side glass? I see so many photos of other people's tank stacking their rocks on the back of the tank yet their background glass is so free of algae and stuffs how do they do it? Do they move the rocks all the time to clean the back side glass? If I were to stack them up against the back wall then I will surely need to move the rocks everytime I clean it because the magnet or the razor scraper just can't reach behind the rocks.

Any idea how these people clean their back glass? Help will be very much appreciated as I always want to add more rocks to my tank. Thanks in advance guys.

weekf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
A good clean up crew with lots of algae grazers. Sometimes you just cannot get to some areas in the glass manually, even with the most beautiful tank in the world.

What kind of clean up crew(snails, hermits, etc.) do you have in your tank?

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote

algae, coral, coraline, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com