coraline help test kit results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks ! yeah i got my ca to 360 with 9 dkh i am dosing daily slowly at a time roughly 25 ppm increments. my dkh is staying stable and my mag is around 1100 ppm exactly where it should be at 360 ppm ca.

hopefully in a week or 2 i can get my ca levels around 420 ish and hope for some excellent coraline growth. thanks for all your help its much much appreciated!

Just a note... everything I've read says not to increase your Ca levels by more than 20ppm a day. Not sure why though - perhaps too much at once will play havoc with your alkalinity?

Also... watch your salinity if you keep dosing that much Ca per day. It can creep up on you if you're not careful from the chloride aspect of the calcium chloride.

ok update i have turbo cal dosing to 380 now. my mag dosing has increased from 100ppm to 1200ppm.

should i target it to 1300 to 1350ppm mag and 420 ca to balance out for good coraline growth?

i cant buff out my ca untill my mag is where it should be right ? so my mag being at 1100 woudlnt allow my ca and alk to balance out past 360 ca

so by boosting my mag to 1300 i can now buff my ca to 400+ is this true ?

thanks

now : 1200 mg
9 dkh
380 ca
ph 8.3

Generally the mag should be 3x the amount of the Ca- 1250-1350 is ideal.
I cant buff out my ca untill my mag is where it should be right ?
Mag does have an effect on Ca, so yes buffering it would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom