Coraline on Glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquafreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you scrape coraline algae off of the glass? Any recommendations for the right tool for the job?

Got some MH's now and the front glass is getting covered.

Much obliged.

:D

If you have a standard tank you can just use a razor blade and it comes right off. There are also some commercial scapers you can buy at the LFS but they do not work as well. Be careful not to scratch the glass and be car not to damage the silecon sealer that holds the joints togher.

If your tank is glass, then get a good size Mag-Float and clean your glass every other day. This will help keep the coraline from getting a good start. It also keeps your hands outta the tank.
A little preventative maintenance goes a long way.
You sit in front of the tank everyday, so why not spend a few minutes with your Mag-Float in hand.

I use a mag float, but my corraline continues to grow on the glass. I scrape it with a razor blade.

I have a nice yellow coraline on my back glass that I let attach...I go over it lightly with the magfloat now and then to try and seed my rocks with that color

I have to wait and see if it works

Back
Top Bottom