Coralline Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Octavio

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just order indo marine plates of coralline algae any suggestions to start coralline algea in my tank please help

ForumRunner_20120425_183307.jpg

What is an indo marine plate of coraline? Keeping up with PWC's and having a stable calcium level will help you grow coraline. If you want to seed it, which is what I did, either get scrapings from a LFS or friend or order margarita snails which have coraline on their shells to seed the tank and clean it for you at the same time.

Octavio said:
I just order indo marine plates of coralline algae any suggestions to start coralline algea in my tank please help

I'm not really understanding your question. Your asking how to start CA, some seed there tank with a rock that already is loaded with some. They scrape it into the tank and let it do it's thing. Some use chemicals like Kent's Purple Tech or Purple Up. I've used Kent's Purple Tech and got nothing. I seeded my tank with a nice rock from the LFS, I scraped all the algae into the tank with pumps off for about 15 minutes, I'm also using Purple Up ATM and I'm seeing nice purple coloring on the rocks and spots of purple on my power heads and on the back wall of my BC29.

Also some use snails that have it on there shells. I've used that also. Some say my tank just isn't ready yet. Too clean and new maybe. It is possible to have to clean of a tank (so I'm reading)

Sniperhank said:
What is an indo marine plate of coraline? Keeping up with PWC's and having a stable calcium level will help you grow coraline. If you want to seed it, which is what I did, either get scrapings from a LFS or friend or order margarita snails which have coraline on their shells to seed the tank and clean it for you at the same time.

What sniper said as well... lol

Indo pacific sorry not marine they are these plates with coralline algae from hawaii

Yeah it cool im just wating on it you tube coralline algae and you will see it its pretty cool bro

Back
Top Bottom