Coralline algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ll of sudden my coralline algae was growing like crazy then nothing. Cal is 490 mag last ck 1380 1400. What am doing wrong?

Coralline is a tricky thing. Some people have it grow like wildfire to the point its a problem, and some can never get it to grow. I would just keep your parameters high and be patient. Hopefully the growth will resurge.
Some people think scraping it off into high flow areas can help "seed" your tank with extra patches, but I can't speak to the effectiveness of it. Maybe something to try?

Jimbo7 said:
Coralline is a tricky thing. Some people have it grow like wildfire to the point its a problem, and some can never get it to grow. I would just keep your parameters high and be patient. Hopefully the growth will resurge.
Some people think scraping it off into high flow areas can help "seed" your tank with extra patches, but I can't speak to the effectiveness of it. Maybe something to try?

+1 to the problematic coraline. I used to have just a 4 bulb cf fixture on my 90g, and I had awesome growth. Upgrade to t5 4 bulb, and nada. I think it's mostly bleaching. A 90g tank I service part time has so much growth I have to scrape it off the glass weekly. The back panel is a solid sheet of coraline (no dosing). Also a 4 bulb t5 tek fixture

Back
Top Bottom