Coralline algae scrapings question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased some coralline algae spores off ebay 5 months ago. Seeded my why dry dead rock. So this is what it looks like today. Is this really coralline algae?

5 months ago

1199l4y.jpg

Today...

161n4uh.jpg

2uxuwlz.jpg

Looks like it! Is it slimy? If so it's cyano bacteria, if not its most probably coralline!

Not slimy at all and wont blow off with a baster. Just thought coralline was pinkish.

Coralline comes in many colours. I have green, pink and redish pink, like what you have, in my aquarium!

I got plenty of colors too. I have found that light intensity plays a role in what color shows up. I got some really strong lights a set of 212w Taotronics and a 2 bulb t5 set. I sometimes run them separately. When I run the leds I get maroon colored Coraline. I have been running just my 2 bulb lately and I am getting lighter purple colored and some darker purple color.
Before I got the leds I was developing green Coraline.
Looks like yours is coming along really nicely.

I have 3watt Led's blue and white. I was just a little worried cause the glass and overflow algae is pink and the rock is red and pink.

Back
Top Bottom