Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonesy99

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do you need to acclimatise corals and anemones to established tanks?

Are sun corals easy to keep?

Yes you still need to acclimate any living thing you put in your tank as the water in your tank and the fish store most certainly won't be the same.

Also sun corals can be difficult since they require target feeding regularly. You also must make sure each polyp eats.

Sun corals are very difficult to keep alive unless you spend ALOT of time with it. it needs to be fed since it gets nothing from the light. I tried on and it died a few months later. i just could not get it to eat regularly and it also caused my water parameters to stink as I was adding so much coral and mysis to the tank to try and feed the sun coral

Cutting the top off of a 2 liter bottle works really well. Put it over the sun coral and add rods food and put the cap on. Leave for 30-45 mins.

Thanks, which method works better for acclimatising? And what other easy, colourful corals are there instead of this? I know that the photosynthetic corals are easy

Yep, I use coralrx for my dipping. havent had a flatworm problem since I started doing it.

Actually I got mine at my LFS but it is sold online as well. Good stuff. Smells like pine sol to me lol

You should dip any new corals you get in a coral dip. It will kill and make any flatworms or other pests get off the coral. You dont want that stuff in your main tank so you dip the coral first then put them in.

Back
Top Bottom