corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mercury64

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to start doing corals but know nothing about them, I did bye a great book just need to start reading
I do have a general queston though ,I have a small clown trigger and puffer as well as an angel ,not a good choice of fish i'm told with corals how ever it was mentioned to me by a fish store that I go with something that the fish will have no interest in like mushrooms or even figer leather, possiblely even something like plate corals
advised if I stay away from soft sponge type a may be ok, I do have some fake corals in there that look so real my tang would try to eat, they looked so real that friends I have that do corals thought they were real, my point is the only fish that really went after them was my big sail fin tang which I gave away as he got to big for my tank
Any ideas

triggers will eat anything and the angel may as well. If you want a reef skip those fish.

Hate to get rid of them ,also I forgot I have a small puffer as well, I had some plaints in there, forget the name but was to be good in removing nitrates, my tangs picked them clean, trigger seems to by fussy, likes meaty foods only, my puffer same way, I got him from a friend that use to feed him live feeders, was hard to get him off them but I do have him eating prawn and myses

also my rock is built to the top of my tank, they never go up there as they would almost be out of the water, you dont think any corals at all will be safe?

they will be safe for as long as that puffer doesn't know they are there.

Back
Top Bottom